A $75 million investment and growth strategy is being developed to lead investment growth in priority sectors that both drive and enable Alberta’s economy.
- The economic dashboard compiles Alberta’s most important indicators for business.
- The regional dashboard provides data on living, working, investing and doing business in Alberta’s diverse regions.
- Alberta Major Projects is an inventory of private and public sector projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or more.
- Financial support for initiatives led by communities, regions and municipalities that promote economic growth.
Building a resilient, robust and dynamic Alberta economy. The ministry ensures outcomes are achieved by:
- supporting businesses and private sector job creators
- enhancing access to capital for small and medium-sized businesses
- supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta’s tourism industry
- coordinating and leveraging research and innovation to increase the commercialization of Alberta ideas and meet the needs of Albertans
- facilitating export development and investment attraction from targeted international markets and marketing Alberta as a world-class tourism destination
- enhancing Alberta's national and international presence
- leading Alberta's negotiations on international trade agreements
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs, and promote the development of Alberta’s tourism industry.
- Jan 29, 2020
Alberta’s film industry will be able to attract more productions and opportunities with the launch of the new Film and Television Tax Credit program.
- Jan 08, 2020
Tourism stakeholders can share their ideas on how to grow the sector through an online survey.
- Dec 19, 2019
Minister of Agriculture and Forestry Devin Dreeshen and Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Tourism Tanya Fir issued the following statements on softwood lumber: