A $75 million investment and growth strategy is being developed to lead investment growth in priority sectors that both drive and enable Alberta’s economy.
- The economic dashboard compiles Alberta’s most important indicators for business.
- The regional dashboard provides data on living, working, investing and doing business in Alberta’s diverse regions.
- Alberta Major Projects is an inventory of private and public sector projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or more.
- Financial support for initiatives led by communities, regions and municipalities that promote economic growth.
Building a resilient, robust and dynamic Alberta economy. The ministry ensures outcomes are achieved by:
- supporting businesses and private sector job creators
- enhancing access to capital for small and medium-sized businesses
- supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta’s tourism industry
- coordinating and leveraging research and innovation to increase the commercialization of Alberta ideas and meet the needs of Albertans
- facilitating export development and investment attraction from targeted international markets and marketing Alberta as a world-class tourism destination
- enhancing Alberta's national and international presence
- leading Alberta's negotiations on international trade agreements
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs, and promote the development of Alberta’s tourism industry.
- May 25, 2020New tool available for commercial rent feedback | Nouvel outil pour les commentaires sur les loyers commerciaux
The Alberta government is listening to entrepreneurs and landlords to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep businesses open and Albertans working.
- May 24, 2020
Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Tourism Tanya Fir issued the following statement on Tourism Week, May 24 to 31:
- May 19, 2020
The Alberta government is providing new supports for hotels and other lodging providers that allow them to keep tourism levy amounts collected between March 1 and December 31, 2020.