COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Disability Advisory Forum is an open dialogue with the disability community hosted by the Minister of Community and Social Services 2 to 4 times a year.
The forum is an opportunity to:
- build relationships to support collaboration between government, the disability community and its stakeholders
- increase awareness and knowledge to understand how programs can most effectively help people with disabilities live full lives with dignity and equal opportunity
- seek ideas and share perspectives on provincial disability programs
Information received during forum meetings will help inform decisions about policy, programs and services.
Forum membership varies depending on the discussion topic.
The minister will determine topics based on issues important to the community. Invitations will be sent to people who can represent a range of disability community perspectives, such as:
- service providers
- community disability workers
- provincial-level organizations
- other interested parties
Forum meetings will be held 2 to 4 times per year. Each meeting will focus on a different topic. A 'what we heard' summary of key discussion points will be posted online after the meeting.
- July 6, 2020: Sustainability of Community and Social Services (CSS) programs
- February 13, 2020: Social service program challenges and opportunities
- October 4, 2019: Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) program eligibility
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.