This course is designed to:
- review Alberta’s emergency management framework
- explain the implications of emergency management legislation for directors of emergency management
- discuss the role of the director of emergency management in addressing social impacts of emergencies and disasters
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- Students must complete the Basic Emergency Management and ICS I-100 courses to enroll in this course. ICS I-200 is also recommended.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class only.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
See the Director of Emergency Management course outline (PDF, 316 KB) for more information.
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.