Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
- Ministry staff directory
‘Pivot Online: A Toolkit for Artists and Non-profit Organizations’ is now available. See the ‘Resources for non-profits’ section.
French-language events in Alberta
March is Alberta Francophonie Month/Mois de la Francophonie albertaine. Come celebrate the history and joie de vivre of the Francophonie in communities all across Alberta.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- Aug 06, 2020Nominate a shining volunteer in your community | Proposez la candidature d'un bénévole exemplaire dans votre communauté
Nominations are open for the Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards recognizing those who make a lasting impact in their community.
- Aug 01, 2020
Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Minister Leela Sharon Aheer has declared August as Hindu Heritage Month in Alberta.
- Jul 31, 2020Search for Alberta’s Artist in Residence begins | La recherche de l'artiste en résidence de l'Alberta est entamée
Applications are now open for the Alberta Artist in Residence, an ambassador for arts and culture in the province.