Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
- Ministry staff directory
‘Pivot Online: A Toolkit for Artists and Non-profit Organizations’ is now available. See the ‘Resources for non-profits’ section.
French-language events in Alberta
March is Alberta Francophonie Month/Mois de la Francophonie albertaine. Come celebrate the history and joie de vivre of the Francophonie in communities all across Alberta.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- Sep 17, 2020
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Innovation Doug Schweitzer and Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer issued the following statement on the World Juniors 2021 and 2022 tournaments being played in Edmonton and Red Deer.
- Sep 11, 2020Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month: Minister Aheer | Déclaration de la ministre Aheer à l’occasion du Mois de sensibilisation au cancer de l’ovaire
Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer issued the following statement on Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month:
- Sep 10, 2020Nominate an outstanding community volunteer | Proposez la candidature d'un bénévole exemplaire dans votre communauté
Albertans still have time to submit nominations for the Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards.