Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
- Ministry staff directory
French-language events in Alberta
March is Alberta Francophonie Month/Mois de la Francophonie albertaine. Come celebrate the history and joie de vivre of the Francophonie in communities all across Alberta.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- Jul 02, 2020Albertans donate generously to COVID-19 campaigns | La population albertaine contribue généreusement aux campagnes de lutte contre la COVID-19
The province thanks Albertans for donating $5 million to charities participating in the charitable giving matching donation program.
- Jun 27, 2020Canadian Multiculturalism Day: Minister Aheer | Déclaration de la ministre Aheer à l’occasion de la Journée canadienne du multiculturalisme
Leela Sharon Aheer, Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, issued the following statement on Canadian Multiculturalism Day:
- Jun 24, 2020Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day: Joint statement | Déclaration commune sur la fête de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste
Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer and Parliamentary Secretary for the Francophonie Laila Goodridge issued the following statement on Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day: