Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
- Ministry staff directory
September will be a wildly creative month. Applications are now being accepted for Alberta Culture Days grants.
French services directory
Albertans can access these government services and resources in French.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- May 17, 2021Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia: Minister Aheer | Journée internationale contre l'homophobie, la transphobie et la biphobie : Ministre Aheer
Leela Sharon Aheer, Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, issued the following statement on International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia:
- May 14, 2021Amplifying live music funding in Alberta | Augmentation du financement de la musique en direct en Alberta
A $2-million grant program will help Alberta’s live music professionals through the pandemic and help venues find creative solutions to support musicians.
- May 06, 2021
Alberta’s government is investing $233,000 in the Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services (AASAS) to help it provide important supports to survivors across the province.