The Cows and Chaos – Feed, Forage and Management Strategies webinar series gets underway Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 1 pm.
This edition of the series will be covering topics producers face in late winter and early spring – from maintaining stored forage to this year’s calving season, and making the most out of your livestock on pasture.
Barry Yaremcio, beef and forage specialist at the Alberta Ag-Info Centre, hosts the January 30 webinar. He will be looking at what it takes to ensure the cow herd is set for calving and rebreeding.
Upcoming topics and registration links:
- January 30 – Third trimester and lactation rations
- February 6 – Maintaining stored forage quality over time and the economics
- February 13 – Public and stakeholder engagement – getting our story out
- February 20 – General grazing strategies
- February 27 – Market outlook
- March 5 – Finding acres to run cattle – creative thinking
- March 12 – Utilizing annuals – cocktail crops
- March 19 – Utilizing annuals – corn
Webinars in this now weekly series will be available on Alberta Agriculture and Forestry’s YouTube channel under the Cows and Chaos – Feed, Forage and Management Strategies playlist. Each webinar will be uploaded to the site the week following the broadcast.
The series is presented by a team from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, forage and research associations and the livestock industry.