COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Engineering consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on highway, bridge planning and water management projects must be pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation.
Consultants must submit details of their firm's staff, capabilities, expertise and experience in the categories of work they wish to be pre-qualified.
A committee of senior personnel will evaluate all submissions to determine if the consultant meets the requirements for pre-qualification in each category.
Consultants may submit their pre-qualification request at any time. Those who are already pre-qualified in a specific category must renew their pre-qualification every 3 years.
Consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on other types of projects that Alberta Transportation is involved in do not need to be pre-qualified. For those projects, an open Request for Proposal will be posted on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website, as described in the consulting and tendering opportunities page.
How to apply
Pre-qualification requirements and application processes can be found in the following documents:
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Functional Planning
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Highways and Bridges
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Water Management Projects
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Quality Assurance Certification
Pre-qualified consulting firms
The following consulting firms have been pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation to provide prime consultant services on highway, bridge, planning, and water management projects:
- Pre-qualified Firms – Functional Planning
- Pre-qualified Firms – Highways and Bridges
- Pre-qualified Firms – Water Management Projects
- Pre-qualified Firms – Quality Assurance
- Pre-qualified Firms – Asphalt Cements, Paints and Glass Beads Testing Laboratories
- Pre-qualified Firms – Appeal Testing Laboratories
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.