Engineering consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on highway, bridge planning and water management projects must be pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation.
Consultants must submit details of their firm's staff, capabilities, expertise and experience in the categories of work they wish to be pre-qualified.
A committee of senior personnel will evaluate all submissions to determine if the consultant meets the requirements for pre-qualification in each category.
Consultants may submit their pre-qualification request at any time. Those who are already pre-qualified in a specific category must renew their pre-qualification every 3 years.
Consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on other types of projects that Alberta Transportation is involved in do not need to be pre-qualified. For those projects, an open Request for Proposal will be posted on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website, as described in the consulting and tendering opportunities page.
How to apply
Pre-qualification requirements and application processes can be found in the following documents:
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Functional Planning
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Highways and Bridges
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Water Management Projects
- Consultant Pre-qualification Requirements – Quality Assurance Certification
Pre-qualified consulting firms
The following consulting firms have been pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation to provide prime consultant services on highway, bridge, planning, and water management projects:
- Pre-qualified Firms – Functional Planning
- Pre-qualified Firms – Highways and Bridges
- Pre-qualified Firms – Water Management Projects
- Pre-qualified Firms – Quality Assurance
- Pre-qualified Firms – Asphalt Cements, Paints and Glass Beads Testing Laboratories
- Pre-qualified Firms – Appeal Testing Laboratories