Government resources help Community Adult Learning Program (CALP) providers develop and deliver programs to adult learners.
This page can help people who work with adult literacy and foundational learners find professional development resources.
These guidelines help make sure organizations receiving CALP funding:
- are familiar with the intent of the program
- understand government requirements and expectations
Guidelines balance government requirements with an understanding that every community requires a unique approach to addressing adult literacy learning needs.
Read the 2018 CALP Guidelines.
CALP Impact Report
Every year, Advanced Education reports back to CALP-funded partners and other stakeholders about:
- the CALP program vision and mandate
- programming, demographic and outcomes data
These reports show how CALP helped Albertans access adult literacy and foundational learning opportunities.
Government of Alberta policies
Government of Alberta policy documents help define its literacy priorities:
- Living Literacy: The Report 2009 to 2013 (2014)
- Alberta's Social Policy Framework (2013)
- Increasing Learner Access through System Alignment: Final Report of the Community Adult Learning Task Team (2010)
- Living Literacy: A Literacy Framework for Alberta's Next Generation Economy (2009)
The CALP Portal provides resources and supports to CALP-funded organizations throughout the province.
Visit the CALP Portal for details.