The purpose of an Information Bulletin is to notify industry regarding items such as proposed changes to legislation, regulations or operating procedures with the intent of soliciting feedback; new programs or changes to existing programs, projects, services, strategies or organizational structures; and industry participation in department initiatives.
Information bulletins are available through Alberta’s Open government portal.
Summary of Information bulletins
- IB 2020-02: New leasing rules for Crown coal rights
- IB 2020-01: Coal Royalty Regulation (May 14, 2020)
- IB 2018-03- Coal and mineral development tenure applications and royalty payments in the event of a postal strike
- IB 2018-02- Rental default process for petroleum and natural gas, oil sands, and metallic and industrial minerals, coal, and ammonite shell agreements
- IB 2018-01 Coal and mineral development - online application for Coal Tenure (February 13, 2018)
- IB 2018-02 Coal and mineral development - online Royalty Reporting for coal (February 13, 2018)
Information letters are available through a separate service, they notify industry of legislative changes, when letters are published a notification is sent to the subscriber list.
Connect with the Coal and Mineral Development Unit:
Coal and Mineral Development Unit
North Petroleum Plaza
9945 108 Street *
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G6
* Couriers, please report to the 2nd floor.
Calgary (drop-off location only)
300, 801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3W2