COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The purpose of an Information Bulletin is to notify industry regarding items such as proposed changes to legislation, regulations or operating procedures with the intent of soliciting feedback; new programs or changes to existing programs, projects, services, strategies or organizational structures; and industry participation in department initiatives.
Information bulletins are available through Alberta’s Open government portal.
Summary of Information bulletins
- IB 2020-03: Resumption of new leasing for Crown coal rights
- IB 2020-02: New leasing rules for Crown coal rights
- IB 2020-01: Coal Royalty Regulation (May 14, 2020)
- IB 2018-03- Coal and mineral development tenure applications and royalty payments in the event of a postal strike
- IB 2018-02- Rental default process for petroleum and natural gas, oil sands, and metallic and industrial minerals, coal, and ammonite shell agreements
- IB 2018-01 Coal and mineral development - online application for Coal Tenure (February 13, 2018)
- IB 2018-02 Coal and mineral development - online Royalty Reporting for coal (February 13, 2018)
Information letters are available through a separate service, they notify industry of legislative changes, when letters are published a notification is sent to the subscriber list.
Connect with the Coal and Mineral Development Unit:
Coal and Mineral Development Unit
North Petroleum Plaza
9945 108 Street *
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G6
* Couriers, please report to the 2nd floor.
Calgary (drop-off location only)
300, 801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3W2
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.