- intake deadline: August 31, 2020
- notification: November 2020
- final reporting due: October 1, 2021
Final accounting requirements must follow the guidelines for the Community Initiatives Program (CIP) Project-Based grant.
The Overnight Camps (for Children and Youth) Facility Overhead Funding Program provides support to non-profit organizations that operate camps that have closed due to the emergency health directives for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program will enable these organizations to:
- remain financially stable by addressing their critical cash flow for fixed overhead facility costs
- maintain public use facilities that provide children and youth with cultural and recreational spaces, and experiences in the future
Qualifying non-profit organizations will be eligible for one-time, non-matching funding of up to $50,000, based on their actual fixed overhead expenses.
The funding is for non-profit organizations that operate overnight camp facilities for children and youth.
To be eligible, organizations must be registered (and in good standing) under one of these acts:
- provincial legislation:
- Part 21 of the Business Corporation Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Companies Act, Part 9 (non-profit companies)
- Religious Societies’ Land Act, Part 2
- Societies Act of Alberta
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- federal legislation:
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada
- registered charities under the Income Tax Act (and operating in the province of Alberta)
For additional eligibility criteria, see the fact sheet in the ‘How to apply’ section below.
How to apply
Step 1. Read the fact sheet
Step 2. Complete the application package
Fill out these documents:
- Application Form (DOCX, 145 KB)
- Financial Worksheet (XLSX, 16 KB)
- Application for Direct Deposit (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Step 3. Submit the application package
Email your application to our office: [email protected]
After you apply
During the review process, we may contact you for more information about your application.
In November 2020, we will send you our written decision on your application.
Financial reporting must be completed by October 1, 2021. Financial reporting must:
- be completed using the Final Accountability Report (PDF, 65 KB)
- contain copies of bank statements for the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 (eligible expenses highlighted)
- be submitted by email to [email protected]
Additional accounting requirements are outlined in the CIP Project-Based Guidelines.
Contact Community Grants staff about reporting requirements or project completion issues.
Connect with the Community Grants office:
Community Initiatives Program
Culture and Status of Women
212, 17205 106A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1M7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.