- Alberta’s Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act requires anyone who believes a child is at risk to report their concern.
- Learn the signs of abuse and neglect, and report concerns to the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-387-KIDS.
- Foster Care is the temporary living arrangement for a child if Children's Services can’t quickly locate suitable kinship care.
- To learn more about becoming a foster caregiver, contact your local Children’s Services office or Delegated First Nation Agency.
- Alberta residents are able to adopt children in government care, as well as through private and international adoption.
- Families who adopt or obtain private guardianship of a child in permanent government care can apply for financial assistance.
Children’s Services focuses on early intervention, child development and delivering supports and services to children, youth and families. It works to ensure that children in Alberta have the tools they need to thrive in healthy families and communities. The ministry engages with Indigenous leaders and communities, the Government of Canada, other Government of Alberta ministries, community agencies and other stakeholders.
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
- Aug 03, 2022Helping early childhood educators support kids | Aider les éducateurs de la petite enfance à soutenir les enfants
The governments of Alberta and Canada are helping more than 3,300 educators sharpen their skills through free early childhood brain science and development training.
- Jul 30, 2022
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Tyler Shandro, Minister of Children’s Services Matt Jones, Minister of Labour and Immigration Kaycee Madu, Minister of Community and Social Services Jason Luan and Associate Minister of Status of Women Jackie Armstrong-Homeniuk issued the following statements on World Day against Trafficking in Persons:
- Jul 07, 2022
Funding is now available for non-profit facilities to create more child-care spaces.