Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
- Alberta’s Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act requires anyone who believes a child is at risk to report their concern.
- Learn the signs of abuse and neglect, and report concerns to the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-387-KIDS.
- Foster Care is the temporary living arrangement for a child if Children's Services can’t quickly locate suitable kinship care.
- To learn more about becoming a foster caregiver, contact your local Children’s Services office or Delegated First Nation Agency.
- Alberta residents are able to adopt children in government care, as well as through private and international adoption.
- Families who adopt or obtain private guardianship of a child in permanent government care can apply for financial assistance.
Children’s Services focuses on early intervention, child development and delivering supports and services to children, youth and families. It works to ensure that children in Alberta have the tools they need to thrive in healthy families and communities. The ministry engages with Indigenous leaders and communities, the Government of Canada, other Government of Alberta ministries, community agencies and other stakeholders.
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
- Jan 31, 2023More options for affordable, accessible child-care spaces | Plus d’options pour des places de garde d’enfants abordables et accessibles
Continued advocacy to the federal government means that Alberta families will have access to thousands more licensed private child-care spaces.
- Dec 01, 2022More support for early childhood educators in Alberta | Soutien accru aux éducateurs de la petite enfance en Alberta
Alberta’s government is providing early childhood educators with a one-time payment and wage top-up to help recruit and retain staff.
- Nov 25, 2022
Alberta’s government will expand opioid addiction supports to youth and young adults to support recovery and prevent overdose deaths.