Application period: All year
The Children’s Services/Community and Social Services Indigenous Internship Program provides Indigenous post-secondary graduates with challenging roles within the Alberta government. There are 12-month placements throughout the year in 2 departments that focus on social services.
As an intern, you will gain valuable experience and prepare for your future by:
- working in one or more areas in Alberta Children’s Services or Alberta Community and Social Services
- having enriching learning opportunities through mentoring and coaching
- developing skills in writing, research, presentations, engagement and leadership strategies
- learning more about organizational processes and government
- determining educational and professional requirements needed for different career paths
- gaining exposure in public service roles, which may lead to further employment in government
To be eligible, you must:
- self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit
- have graduated from a post-secondary institution within the last 2 years
- be residing in Alberta
- have experience working with Indigenous communities, stakeholders or organizations in Alberta
- meet position qualifications in the internship recruitment postings
How to apply
You may apply throughout the year by:
- searching the Alberta Public Service Jobs website for Children’s Services/Community and Social Services Indigenous Internship recruitment postings
- applying once internships are advertised following the instructions in the postings
To connect with the Children’s Services/Community and Social Services Indigenous Internship Program office:
Integrated Human Resource Services
7th Floor, Park Plaza
10611 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2P7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.