The Government of Alberta will match up to a maximum of $2 million dollars for funds raised by the designated organizations. Matching amounts will depend on the collective amount raised.
For example, if the funders collectively raise $10 million dollars, each organization would receive 20 cents on the dollar based on the $2 million government matching commitment. The donation period ended on May 31.
This program has helped to fill gaps created by the increased and changing demand for services created by the COVID-19 pandemic – and help keep Albertans employed.
Every donation will help charities continue to feed, support and care for Albertans in this unprecedented time, including:
- the elderly
- Indigenous populations
- those experiencing mental health issues
- people with disabilities
- those experiencing addiction issues
- newcomers to Canada
- people experiencing homelessness
- Central Alberta United Way-COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- United Way of the Capital Region – Local Love in a Global Crisis Campaign
- United Way Calgary and Area – COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- Calgary Foundation – COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Program
- Edmonton Community Foundation – COVID Rapid Response Fund
- Community Foundation of Southeastern Alberta – COVID Response for Southeast Alberta
- Community Foundation of Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta – COVID Response and Recovery Grants Program
- Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta – Better Together COVID-19 Response Fund/Community Kitchen and Food Bank Fund