COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Between April 15 and May 31, the Government of Alberta matched, up to a maximum of $2 million, funds raised by the designated organizations. Albertans' donations, combined with government's matching dollars raised about $7 million for the designated organizations.
This program has helped to fill gaps created by the increased and changing demand for services created by the COVID-19 pandemic – and help keep Albertans employed.
Every donation helped charities continue to feed, support and care for Albertans in this unprecedented time, including:
- the elderly
- Indigenous populations
- those experiencing mental health issues
- people with disabilities
- those experiencing addiction issues
- newcomers to Canada
- people experiencing homelessness
- Central Alberta United Way-COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- United Way of the Capital Region – Local Love in a Global Crisis Campaign
- United Way Calgary and Area – COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- Calgary Foundation – COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Program
- Edmonton Community Foundation – COVID Rapid Response Fund
- Community Foundation of Southeastern Alberta – COVID Response for Southeast Alberta
- Community Foundation of Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta – COVID Response and Recovery Grants Program
- Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta – Better Together COVID-19 Response Fund/Community Kitchen and Food Bank Fund
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.