How to apply
Step 1. Find out if you need assistance
If your order was made in the Provincial Court, speak with a court forms information coordinator for assistance.
If your order was made in the Court of Queen’s Bench, continue with the below steps.
Step 2. Fill out the forms
If your order was made under the Family Law Act, fill out these forms:
- Claim - Family Law Act (0.1 MB)
- Statement - Vary Contact (0.01 MB)
- Affidavit of Service - Applicant (0.01 MB)
If your order was made under the Divorce Act, fill out these forms in the Application to Change Custody and Access info pack:
- Family Law Application to Change Custody and Access
- Affidavit - Changing Custody and Access
- Affidavit of Personal Service
If you don’t know which legal act your order was made under, speak with a court forms information coordinator for assistance.
Note: A coordinator can also help you prepare court forms.
Step 3. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
Note: If you don’t come to court, the judge may make an order in your absence.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.