A Cemetery Pre-Need Contract Salesperson Licence authorizes a person to solicit to enter or enter into pre-need contracts as an agent for a business who holds a pre-need contract sales licence.
If you do not require this licence, you do not need to proceed further.
How to apply
You will need to provide:
- a completed application form
- a criminal record check or police information check
- proof of qualifying examination
- pay a licensing fee
To get started, follow the instructions below to save and open the application form.
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
A person who holds a pre-need contract sales license must notify Service Alberta in writing within 5 days of any change to the name or address of the business locations they work for.
It is your responsibility to ensure your licence is in force as long as you continue to do business. Once your licence is issued, make note of the expiry date and ensure your licence is renewed prior to this date.
Note: applicant, directors, officers and partners are required to read the Cemeteries Act and its regulations associated with this licence and understand that certain sections are of significance, including but not limited to the specific sections noted below.
- Part 4 regarding Pre-Need Sale of Cemetery Supplies and Services
- Sections 3, 4, and 5 regarding contracts
- Section 6 regarding change of a salesperson's agency
- Section 7 regarding training programs
- Section 8 regarding continuing education
- Section 9 regarding transfer of money to authorized trustee
- Section 10 regarding period for transfer exemption
- Section 11 regarding maximum administration fee
- Section 12 regarding trustee's remuneration
- Section 13 regarding reporting to director
Prohibited practices include, but are not limited to:
- Phone and door-to-door contacts selling pre-need cemetery goods are prohibited unless specifically requested by the consumer. All other forms of direct sale, including mailing or distribution of brochures or other sales material, and other types of advertising in the media and online can continue.
Copies of legislation can be obtained from the Alberta Queen’s Printer.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.