Before you start
Deadline for written submissions: July 31, 2017
Albertans have valuable input, opinions and insights to share about cannabis legalization in Alberta. You can send in your written submissions by uploading documents here. The input you provide will help us develop the Alberta Cannabis Framework in August-September, 2017.
On this website, you’ll find basic information about key topics related to cannabis legalization. In your written submission, you may also wish to refer to the questions outlined in the Conversation Toolkit.
View document library
After documents have been reviewed, they'll be made available to the public in our document library within 3 business days.
We will review all submissions for appropriateness before posting them to the public document library. Please keep in mind the Government of Alberta cannot accept submissions that are offensive to individuals or organizations, rude in tone or abusive.
We also reserve the right to edit or delete documents that meet any of the following conditions:
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic comments
- documents where the sender is not the author or the document is not publicly available
- intended for advertising purposes
- documents written in a language other than English
- unintelligible or irrelevant documents
- any other document that the Executive Director, Engagement and Outreach feels will not add to the Alberta Cannabis engagement
Once we review submissions, they will be posted to Google Drive for anyone to review. Individuals sending in their personal submissions will have their name/contact information removed. Organizations and individuals officially representing organizations will have their contact information posted.
Submit a document
Thank you for taking the time to contribute. We look forward to hearing from you and reading your insights and ideas.
The personal information collected in this survey is collected pursuant to section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RSA 2000, C. F-25). Questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure may be directed to the Executive Director, Engagement and Outreach at the Alberta Cannabis Secretariat at 780-644-3967.