COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
The Basic Emergency Management (BEM) course is intended for individuals who have been identified for an emergency management role in their community’s emergency plan.
This course is designed to:
- provide background on emergency management principles
- introduce key partners in emergency management
- explain the implications of emergency management legislation
Students must attend the full course and achieve 80% on the final exam to be issued a certificate of completion.
This course has no pre-requisites, but ICS I-100 is recommended.
We offer this course in-class and online.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to be completed in 6 to 7 hours.
- The self-directed online course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
See the BEM course outline (PDF, 137 KB) for more information.
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.