COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
For award categories and submission process for municipalities, see Municipal categories.
Public Library Services (open to Library Boards serving a population over 10,000 – one award)
Award will be given for a library service initiative that demonstrates excellence and/or innovation. The initiative should demonstrate responsiveness to community needs and provide direct benefit to the public.
Public Library Services (open to Library Boards serving a population under 10,000 – two awards)
Two awards will be given for library service initiatives that demonstrate excellence and/or innovation. The initiatives should demonstrate responsiveness to community needs and provide direct benefit to the public.
- Awards are open to all municipal, intermunicipal and system library boards in Alberta.
- Awards are granted to the board of the library or system delivering the service being recognized.
- Awards pertain to library services, which are defined as library activities and resources that provide a direct benefit to the public.
- Examples of a library service include: collections for borrowing, programs for the public and outreach
- Examples of library activities that are not a service include: internal support functions such as fundraising and public relations/marketing
- Submissions must demonstrate that the service has been substantially and successfully completed or implemented.
- Submissions will be evaluated by a selection panel which will recommend award winners to the Minister.
- The extended submission deadline is April 4, 2022.
- Completed submission forms are only accepted electronically and can be sent by email to [email protected].
- The submitting library board agrees to the publication of information related to their initiative by the Government of Alberta, including any documents, photos and photos of the recipients with their awards.
How to apply
The deadline for submissions for the 2022 Minister’s Awards for Municipal and Public Library Excellence has passed.
Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of representatives from the public library field, which will recommend award winners to the Minister. The 2022 award recipients will be announced in summer 2022.
See recent and past award recipients.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.