COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
This new Alberta program focuses on helping farmers and ranchers add value to their products and get them to market. On-farm investments will create jobs, increase sales of agriculture products, expand market opportunities and help drive Alberta’s economic recovery.
Farmers and ranchers can apply for funding to improve food safety, expand food processing production, and develop new products.
For example, funding can be put towards:
- Buying processing or food safety equipment
- Developing and implementing a food-safety system
- Designing consumer labels and packages
- First-time brand design and development
- Feasibility studies
- Marketing and export plans
- Developing an initial online presence
Applications will be open until July 12, 2021.
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion federal-provincial-territorial investment in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector that began in April, 2018. In Alberta, it represents a federal-provincial investment of $406 million in strategic programs and initiatives for the agricultural sector.