COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Annualized Clinical ARP compensation is based on the number of physician full-time equivalents (FTE) required to deliver the direct and indirect clinical services within the Clinical ARP.
A FTE is a time-based unit of measure, for example, hours per year. This annualized model compensates physicians for the delivery of program services based on a pre-determined payment rate to targeted patient groups per FTE per year.
Annualized Clinical ARPs are the most common in Alberta.
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
Annualized Clinical ARP set up
Once an Annualized Clinical ARP has been approved, the authorized representative must register and operationalize the Annualized Clinical ARP.
Complete and submit forms:
- ARP 006 (PDF, 143 KB)
- application to register an approved Clinical ARP
- read the instructions for completing Form ARP 006 (PDF, 69 KB)
- ARP 008 Letter of Participation (LOP) (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- complete one for each individual participating physician
Clinical ARP forms
- ARP 007 – ARP Business Arrangement Request (PDF, 186 KB)
- change business arrangement (BA) information
- update existing Clinical ARP, add a new BA, or set up a non-payment BA
- ARP 008 – LOP (PDF, 113 KB) – add a participating physician
- ARP 010 – Letter of Termination (LOT) (PDF, 1.5 MB) – terminate a participating physician
- ARP 009 – Locum Physician Registration Letter (PDF, 1.5 MB) – add a locum
- locum physician should not submit a LOP
- ARP 011 – Locum Physician Termination Letter (PDF, 1.6 MB) – terminate a locum
- locum physician should not submit a LOT
Individual physicians should use the forms above to apply for or terminate relationships.
Physicians not registered by the Alberta government must apply to the practitioner registry and acquire a practitioner ID before registering with a Clinical ARP.
Required application documents are:
- AHC 11234 – Practitioner Information Form (PDF, 109 KB)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) practice permit and registration of undertaking and acknowledgement.
- Specialty letter, if applicable. Physicians can obtain a copy from the CPSA.
The authorized representative of a Clinical ARP has the right to terminate a participating physician or locum physician by signing a LOT on their behalf.
Mail original copies of completed LOPs, LOTs and locum letters to the ministry.
- Copies of the letters are accepted for process.
- Copies of the letters must also be sent to Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association.
Connect with the Alternative Compensation Delivery Unit:
Alternative Compensation Delivery Unit
Provider Compensation and Strategic Partnerships Branch
PO Box 1360, Station Main
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2N3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.