COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
The Alberta Wildlife Watch Program collects and analyzes data on animal-vehicle collisions throughout Alberta to:
- reduce animal-vehicle collisions (AVCs) on provincial highways
- improve driver safety
- minimize the impacts of highways on wildlife populations
The program identifies AVC-prone locations to:
- provides high-quality data for effective decision-making
- informs the development of Alberta Transportation policies and standards
- allow for innovation
- evaluate the effectiveness of long-term mitigation activities
- Appendix A - Data Collection (PDF, 14 MB)
- Appendix B - Data and User Management Analysis (PDF, 12 MB)
- Appendix C - Mitigation Data Repository (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix D - Mitigation and Monitoring (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix E - Regional and Provincial Reporting (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix F - Stakeholder and Principal Contributor Engagement Plan (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix G - Mitigation Planning and Design (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix H - AWW Program Evaluation (PDF, 11 MB)
Connect with the Environmental Regulation section:
2nd Floor, Twin Atria building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.