COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Alberta Wildlife Watch Program collects and analyzes data on animal-vehicle collisions throughout Alberta to:
- reduce animal-vehicle collisions (AVCs) on provincial highways
- improve driver safety
- minimize the impacts of highways on wildlife populations
The program identifies AVC-prone locations to:
- provides high-quality data for effective decision-making
- informs the development of Alberta Transportation policies and standards
- allow for innovation
- evaluate the effectiveness of long-term mitigation activities
- Appendix A - Data Collection (PDF, 14 MB)
- Appendix B - Data and User Management Analysis (PDF, 12 MB)
- Appendix C - Mitigation Data Repository (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix D - Mitigation and Monitoring (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix E - Regional and Provincial Reporting (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix F - Stakeholder and Principal Contributor Engagement Plan (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix G - Mitigation Planning and Design (PDF, 13 MB)
- Appendix H - AWW Program Evaluation (PDF, 11 MB)
- AWW Application User Guide Poster (PDF, 3 MB)
- AWW Smartphone Application User Guide (PDF, 8 MB)
- Alberta Wildlife Guide for Alberta's Roadways
Connect with the Environmental Regulation section:
2nd Floor, Twin Atria building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.