Alberta tourism industry research
Access to Alberta Accommodation Outlook, domestic potential studies, PRIZM and Global Tourism Watch.
Alberta Accommodation Outlook
The Alberta Accommodation Outlook is presented annually at the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association's Annual Convention and Trade Show.
- supply and demand trends in rural and urban areas
- development trends
- opportunities, issues and risks
- investment in hotels, including a comparison of US and Canadian perspectives
- yields, capitalization and discount rate trends
- hotel net income trends and hotel values
- Alberta Accommodation Outlook - 2017
- Alberta Accommodation Outlook - 2016
- Alberta Accommodation Outlook - 2015
- Alberta Accommodation Outlook - 2014
Domestic market potential studies
Visiting Friends and Relatives Study – 2016
This study contains information on the nature and impact of the Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) market in Alberta.
Demand for rural tourism experiences in Alberta – 2012
This study is intended to increase the number of urban Albertans who participate in tourism experiences in rural Alberta.
PRIZM reports help improve tourism products and services, and inform business and marketing plans. Find out:
- who your best customers are
- demographics, psychographics and lifestyle characteristics
- how to locate customers, communicate with them and create targeted messaging for them
Global Tourism Watch
In partnership with Destination Canada and other provincial tourism agencies, a Global Tourism Watch program was created to expand consumer-based intelligence in core markets.
The purpose is to monitor awareness, travel intentions and other key market indicators for Canada and Alberta.
Link to Reports
Contact Tourism Research unit:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-641-9326 (in Alberta)
Toll free: dial 310-0000 before the number
6th floor Commerce Place