- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Transitional Provision ends March 31
The Transitional Provision for the Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC) ends on March 31.
The Transitional Provision was designed to allow productions that are underway, or had already completed prior to program launch, to apply to the FTTC program.
Beginning on April 1, productions applying to the program must not have commenced principal photography prior to application.
Learn more about the Film and Television Tax Credit
Important to know
The Alberta Production Grant (APG) has now concluded. Program delivery accountability for a new Film and Television Tax Credit is transferring to Jobs, Economy and Innovation.
Current agreements under the APG will be honoured and active files with the APG will continue to be administered through the Cultural Industries Branch of Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women.
Producers who applied to the APG program may be eligible to apply to the Film and Television Tax Credit or a new grant program targeted towards Alberta owned small productions.
Information on the new grant program will be available on this site in the coming weeks.
Alberta Film Tax Credit Program
The Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC) program was launched on January 29, 2020. Administered by the Ministry of Jobs, Economy and Innovation, the FTTC offers a refundable Alberta tax credit certificate on eligible Alberta production and labour costs to corporations that produce films, television series and other eligible screen-based productions in the province.
Upon project completion, recipients are required to submit reporting materials as outlined in the grant agreement and guidelines.
Log in to the Online Grant Application System to complete your reporting if your application was submitted online. If your application was submitted prior to the online system please submit by mail or email.
Recipients are required to submit deliverables upon project completion. Refer to the Deliverables Checklist (PDF, 1 MB) for reporting documentation including, but not limited to:
- Production Statistics Form (PDF, 196 KB) if application was submitted prior to the online Grant Application System
- Statutory Declaration Form Head of Department (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Statutory Declaration Form Production Cost Report (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- DVD of the completed project including logo and recognition statement
- Final list of credits as they appear on completed production
- Electronic press kit (if applicable)
Government of Alberta recognition statement logos
To download government logos, see the Government Identity Program web page.
Connect with the APG program: