The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission (APMC) is a provincial Crown corporation reporting to the Minister of Energy and established under the Petroleum Marketing Act.
The legislated powers and duties of this public commission include:
- marketing the Crown’s conventional oil, natural gas and bitumen received in kind and setting prices used in the valuation of the Crown royalty share of natural gas, natural gas liquids and sulphur
- adding value to Alberta’s energy resources
- expanding access to global energy market
Search the list of public agencies to find the APMC's:
- mandate and roles (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- code of conduct (PDF, 200 KB)
- Whistleblower policy (PDF, 114 KB)
- classification – Corporate Enterprise
Chief Executive Officer
Adrian Begley, Professional Engineer
Mr. Begley is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). He is a professional engineer with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. Leading APMC since 2017, he brings over 25 years of senior leadership experience in the energy industry, including petroleum, utilities, construction, research, and development. Mr. Begley has also served as a Board Member with the Canadian District Energy Association and an Executive Member of the Canadian Chapter of the International District Energy Association. The APMC is accountable to and receives policy direction from the Minister of Energy.
Directors are appointed by the Minister of Energy:
Public sector bodies are required to post online the names and compensation paid to:
- all commission members
- employees who earn over a threshold amount
This is a requirement under the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act. Postings are required as follows and will be maintained for 5 years.
- June 30: compensation from January 1 to December 31 of the previous calendar year
- December 31: severances (if any) from January 1 to June 30 of the current calendar year
Compensation disclosure file
Download the APMC's compensation disclosure (CSV, 9 KB).
Connect with the Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission:
Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission
1050, 250 5 Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0R4
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.