Check out these guidelines to help your screen-based production business get back to work:
- Guidance for the Screen-based Production Industry (PDF, 359 KB)
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industries.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
Funding available includes:
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Cultural Industry Grants
- Alberta Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
- Screen-based Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Funding at a glance
|Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Web page||Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Funding (max.)||$125,000||$200,000||$55,000 per project||Varies, depending on the grant stream|
|Application deadlines||January 16, 2021 and July 16, 2021||March 1, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Stream priorities||Covers 25% of eligible Alberta labour and non-labour costs||Covers labour expenses for post-production animation and visual effects organizations.||Covers expenses related to script or project development.|
To connect with the Alberta Media Fund: