Alberta Media Fund
Supporting the growth and sustainability of our province's cultural industries.
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industry organizations.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
Funding available includes:
- Screen-based Production Grant
- Interactive Digital Media Grant
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Cultural Industry Grants
- Alberta Production Grant
- This grant has been replaced by the Screen-Based Production Grant. Applications received prior to October 3, 2017 are processed under the Alberta Production Grant.
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Funding at a glance
|Screen-based Production Grant||Interactive Digital Media Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Web page||Screen-based Production Grant||Interactive Digital Media Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Funding (max.)||Up to 30% of eligible production costs to a maximum of $5 million.||$200,000||$200,000||$55,000 per project||
Varies, depending on the grant stream
|Application deadlines||March 31, 2018||March 31, 2018||March 31, 2018||March 1, 2018|
|Stream priorities||Provides funds to support film and television production in Alberta.||Covers labour costs for companies involved in interactive digital media and gaming products.||Covers labour expenses for post-production animation and visual effects organizations.||Covers expenses related to script or project development.|