Alberta Jobs Plan
Alberta’s plan to create jobs and diversify the economy.
About the plan
The Alberta Jobs Plan is creating jobs and getting Albertans back on their feet. By working together with Alberta business leaders, workers and economic experts, we're creating a more resilient and more diversified economy for the future.
The programs implemented through the Alberta Jobs Plan are moving Alberta forward by supporting infrastructure investment, economic diversification and business growth.
Newest business supports
A number of new programs and services for businesses have been developed as part of the Alberta Jobs Plan.
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit (AITC)
- Capital Investment Tax Credit (CITC)
- Alberta Export Expansion Package
- ATB Financial small business loans
- Alberta Enterprise Corporation (AEC) venture capital
- Alberta Innovates small business vouchers
- Community and Regional Economic Support
- Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
- Self-Employment Training Program
- Canada Alberta Jobs Grant (CAJG)
Download print materials
The following business support information is available for downloading and printing:
- Small Business Supports flyer
- Community and Economic Development Support Program flyer
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit flyer
- Capital Investment Tax Credit flyer
- Apr 24, 2017
The province is helping the Leduc region create jobs and diversify its economy through the Community and Regional Economic Support (CARES) program.
- Mar 08, 2017
The Alberta government is helping Alberta’s women entrepreneurs expand and grow their businesses through the Community and Regional Economic Support (CARES) program.
- Feb 23, 2017
Grande Prairie is the second location to receive business incubator funding under the Alberta Entrepreneurship Incubator Program.
- Jan 20, 2017
Infrastructure funding will help Red Deer College students access new training opportunities in the alternative energy sector.
- Jan 12, 2017
The New Year brings new opportunities to invest in Alberta businesses as intake opens for two new tax credits to create jobs and diversify the economy.
- Jan 11, 2017
More than 80 Alberta companies are expanding their global export opportunities thanks to the Alberta Export Expansion Package’s programs.
- Dec 29, 2016
Small business owners will save an estimated $185 million in 2017 as part of Alberta’s plan to transition the province to a greener, more diversified economy.
- Dec 05, 2016
Two new petrochemical projects approved by the provincial government will add jobs, diversify the energy industry and create lasting benefits for Alberta’s economy.