COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Alberta International Development Office (AIDO) was established in 2013 to help bring together Alberta’s public, private and institutional resources and expertise to pursue international development projects in a more collaborative, strategic and efficient way.
The AIDO coordinates the Government of Alberta’s participation in global development work and helps identify new areas of collaboration between the public and private sectors, educational institutions, foreign governments and international financial institutions (IFIs).
The AIDO’s key priorities include:
- promoting Alberta’s strengths and capabilities to foreign governments, international financial institutions and other multilateral organizations
- maintaining an ongoing dialogue with international development stakeholders and IFIs
- strategically coordinating Alberta’s public sector expertise and resources to pursue targeted international development projects
- supporting Alberta companies, educational institutions and civil society organizations in pursuing international development projects, including those financed by IFIs
- coordinating incoming visits and study tours for groups seeking Alberta knowledge and expertise on capacity-building and sustainable development
- developing and delivering seminars to help Alberta companies and educational institutions expand their export and partnership horizons
International Financial Institutions
IFIs, such as the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank and the Asian Development Bank, are formal international lending agencies operating across country boundaries. They are the largest source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries stimulating economic growth and development.
IFIs play an integral role in the development of international activities for Alberta's private sector.
The Private Sector Liaison Officer Network helps Alberta companies expand their relationship with IFIs and encourages trade and investment between countries with the support of IFI products and services. Alberta has been a member since 2000.
Additional IFI resources
Crown Corporations - Canada
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Export Development Canada
- FinDev Canada
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Caribbean Development Bank
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Finance Corporation
- United Nations Development Business
- World Bank
Connect with the AIDO:
Email: [email protected]
Jobs, Economy and Innovation
12th Floor Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.