The opportunity to submit Alberta Indigenous Community Energy Program (AICEP) applications for fiscal 2018-19 is now closed (June 25, 2018 to August 31, 2018).
The Alberta Indigenous Community Energy Program (AICEP) provides grant funding to Indigenous communities / organizations to understand how energy is used and identify conservation opportunities.
The purpose of an energy assessment is to calculate greenhouse gas emission (GHG) reductions and potential energy savings. Conducting this baseline analysis has many benefits to help Indigenous communities / organizations by:
- accurately assessing the energy efficiency of existing buildings
- assessing potential energy / cost savings if retrofits are completed
- support leadership to make informed decisions on building retrofits
There is no limit on the number of buildings that can be considered for detailed energy assessments within an application. Buildings must be owned by the community / organization.
The AICEP can fund up to 100% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $200,000.
- funding amounts will be merit-based and determined on community / organizational need
Projects utilizing external consultants will require the submission of at least 2 quotes from separate, duly qualified service providers being procured by the consultant. Please see the AICEP Program Guidelines for more details.
Buildings to be audited must be owned by the community / organization itself, or by a community-owned business.
Applicant communities / organizations must be located in Alberta:
- First Nations, Aseniwuche Winewak Nation, Metis Settlements
- Indigenous community-owned businesses and development corporations
- Tribal Councils, Treaty Organizations, Metis Settlements General Council
- Métis Nation of Alberta including Regions and Locals
- Indigenous not-for-profit organizations, including Friendship Centres with projects related to community energy program objectives
Only applications with all fully completed documentation submitted during the intake period will be reviewed for eligibility and considered for funding.
How to apply
Step 1. Read the guidelines
These guidelines outline detailed:
- eligibility requirements
- funding levels
- eligible expenses
- application procedures
Step 2. Complete the application package
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Mail / Reception / Courier:
Alberta Indigenous Relations
19th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8