Applications and web resources
This app is designed for:
- Android Smartphone
- Android Tablet
- iOS (iPhone/iPod and iPad)
The AQHI Canada app provides hourly updated AQHI and daily forecasts for all AQHI communities across the country. The app is designed for both English and French (depending on the user’s mobile device settings) and includes a map feature, user-defined push notifications, and GPS functionality to locate your nearest AQHI station.
Data provided by Environment and Climate Change Canada, Alberta airsheds and Alberta Environment and Parks.
AQHI Canada App Web Buttons
Image can be hyperlinked to https://open.alberta.ca/interact/aqhi-canada
- Image can be hyperlinked to http://airquality.alberta.ca
AQHI Web Widget Use Document (PDF, 287 KB)
Learn how you can use our widget to embed Air Quality Health Index information onto your community webpage.
Fact sheet and poster
The AQHI learning stations booklet is developed by Environment Canada. Educators can choose from six 30-minute learning centres for their grade 5 or 6 students, building skills in literacy, communication, reflection and problem-solving.
Developed directly from provincial and territorial curriculum documents, topics include:
- Environmental health issues
- How media, peers and family affect decisions
- Outdoor safety
- Ways to prepare for and predict various weather and/or air quality conditions
Available in English and French.
This free, web-based course through the University of British Columbia offers health care providers
- A comprehensive overview of air pollutants
- Guidelines for health professionals to advise patients on reducing impacts of outdoor air pollution on their health
- The health effects associated with air pollution for susceptible populations
- The use of the AQHI as a risk communication tool
Accreditation is available to many health professional groups.
Health Canada’s Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) Resource Kit is available upon request. This kit is useful for teachers, health practitioners and others that want to teach people the usefulness of AQHI. The resource kit includes a colourful folder containing:
- A small poster
- Flip-top brochure
- Slide rule
- Tear sheets
Available in English and French. Printed version only.
School curriculum and activities for teachers grade 1 to 12
The resources provided on the Open Government Portal are as follows:
- AQHI Curriculum Links and Activities Information Sheet
- Primer for Teachers and Educators in Alberta
- Letter to Parents and Caregivers
- AQHI Fortune Teller Game
- AQHI Introductory Activity: Fact or Fiction?
- AQHI Jeopardy Game – Instructions: READ THIS FIRST
- AQHI Jeopardy Game – Adult Edition PowerPoint
- AQHI Jeopardy Game – Student Edition PowerPoint (16-square)
- AQHI Jeopardy Game – Student Edition PowerPoint (25-square)
- AQHI PowerPoint Presentation - "We Affect Air Quality. Air Quality Affects Us." - Supplementary for Grade 5 Weather Curriculum.
- We affect air quality, Air quality affects us – Worksheet
- Presentations can be requested through: AEP.AirQualityHealthIndex@gov.ab.ca
- AQHI Straw Asthma Experiment
- Clean Foundation’s ‘Eddie and the Air Out There’ game and teacher resources.
The following AQHI promotional items are available upon request:
- AQHI magnets
- AQHI tri-fold brochure, rack cards, tear pads and posters
For more information, contact: