COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
- Federal pipelines are regulated by the National Energy Board. Check out their Landowner Guide (PDF, 10.3 MB) for more information.
- Understand how to register a caveat on title. Alberta Land Titles Procedure Manual: Caveats (PDF, 134 KB)
- Directive 056: Energy Development Applications and Schedules presents the requirements and procedures for filing a licence application to construct or operate any petroleum industry energy development that includes facilities, pipelines, or wells.
- Surface Rights Act provides the framework for the Surface Rights Board and associated applications for Recovery of Rentals, Damages, and Right of Entry.
- Responsible Energy Development Act created the Alberta Energy Regulator as the full life cycle regulator for energy developments in Alberta.
- The Pipeline Act guides the issuance of pipelines licences and the Oil and Gas Conservation Act and the guides the issuance of wellsite licences.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.