There is no open call for applications at this time. Future calls for applications will be announced and posted here.
In 2018, organizations were invited to submit project-based proposals for the development of programs, services, and pilot and research projects – including new, one-time or expanded initiatives – geared toward the safety and independence of Alberta seniors, within four funding streams:
- Aging in communities
- Addressing ageism
- Social inclusion and engagement of diverse populations
- Elder abuse prevention
For additional information on the program, view the Aging Well in Community Grant Program description.
The Aging Well in Community grant is guided by the following principles:
- Collaboration: Initiatives identify, engage and work with groups, communities and organizations that have shared interests and goals.
- Innovation: Initiatives draw from and test out different ideas, fields, perspectives and approaches in order to make a positive impact for seniors.
- Sustainability: Initiatives that are ongoing in nature address plans for financial sustainability.
- Evidence-based: Initiatives utilize best practices, evaluation outcomes and research findings to identify and address the needs and issues of seniors.
For more information, please contact Alberta Seniors and Housing: