Critical: Wildfire - Big Lakes
Updated May 13, 2023 at 07:11 PM
Source: Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Issued: May 13, 2023 at 07:11 PM
- Alert: May 13, 2023 at 04:29 PM
- Update: May 13, 2023 at 07:11 PM
- Update: May 14, 2023 at 04:23 PM
- Update: May 15, 2023 at 01:21 PM
- Update: May 16, 2023 at 03:43 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert. Big Lakes County has issued an Evacuation Order due to Wildfire.
A fire southeast of the Town of High Prairie is moving northeast. If you are in the area you must evacuate immediately. Gift Lake and Peavine Metis Settlement are not under evacuation order at this time. East Prairie Metis Settlement remains on evacuation order.
Affected areas (1):
- Big Lakes
Action to take:
- Bring pets, important documents, medication, and supplies for 7 days
- Everyone evacuating should go to the Elks Rodeo Hall north of the Town of High Prairie at 74508 on Highway 749 to register
- Everyone must evacuate now
- Bring RV's if you have them as camping is available on-site at the Elks Rodeo Hall
- Stay tuned to www.alberta.ca/emergencyalert and local media for updates.
- Broadcast Audio