Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
When you are driving your vehicle, your ability to control your speed depends on looking where you want to go and using the accelerator correctly. Gradually press on the accelerator to move the vehicle, and then hold it at the proper position for the selected speed. This will take some practice. Keep the following in mind:
- Accelerate smoothly.
- Adjust to the weather, road and traffic conditions.
- Do not accelerate or reduce speed unnecessarily.
- Never exceed the posted speed limit.
- Do not accelerate so quickly that the vehicle's tires spin.
- Drive with the flow of traffic to reduce the risk of being in a collision. Driving too slowly can be a hazard.
- Glance occasionally at your speedometer to check your speed.