- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
ABAT provides recommendations regarding the development of standards for bat inventory, data collection, and data storage. Further, the group sets priorities with regard to information gaps and research needs that have direct bearing on improved bat conservation in Alberta.
Inventory and Research Protocols
- Sensitive Species Inventory Guidelines
Refer to this page for the following wildlife inventory guidelines related to bats in Alberta:
- Bats and Wind Turbines: Pre-Siting and Pre-Construction Survey Protocols
- Handbook of Inventory Methods and Standard Protocols for Surveying Bats in Alberta
- Standard Data Sheets for Bat Surveys in Alberta
- Wildlife Research and Collection
Visit this page for the following bat-related wildlife research protocols:
- Class Protocol 004: Bat Capture, Handling and Release
- Addendum to Class Protocol 004: Bat Handling Protocol to Prevent Spread of White Nose Syndrome
ABAT is active in the following areas:
|Writing protocols and providing direction for government and consultants as it relates to bats||
|Establishing a central listing of bat-related documents, reports, and theses pertinent to bat management in Alberta||
|Compiling and facilitating the compilation and submission of all previous bat and bat-related records in Alberta||
|Communicating and promoting education||
|Suggesting and prioritizing research directions for bat work in Alberta.||
Suggested Research Priorities for Bats in Alberta