- Job Title: Program Support Coordinator
- Work Unit: Parks, Northwest Region
- Ministry: Alberta Environment and Parks
- Competition Number: 1055678
Reporting to the Regional Controller and as a member of the Regional Management Team, this position coordinates and manages a variety of Regional programs including Disposition Management and Referrals, Regional support to the Coordinator of the OH&S program, Regional Fleet Management Coordinator, Information Technology (SRC2) and Communications Coordinator and supports a variety of other regionally required programs and services. This position provides leadership and guides regional processes, sits on Division and Departmental committees to provide consistent and relevant direction to Regional staff, understands, adheres to and correctly conveys policies and procedures to Regional staff. Represents the Northwest Region on various Divisional Departmental and GOA wide initiatives and programs.
Responsibilities and Activities
Disposition Management: This position provides a one-point contact for coordinating and administering dispositions for the Northwest Region of the Parks Division. Ensures that dispositions and agreements are managed in accordance with all applicable acts, regulations, directives and guidelines.
- Provides support to the Regional Land Use Officer in complying with land disposition policy, guidelines and setting standards to ensure consistency throughout the Province.
- Provides support to the Regional Land Use Officer in identifying problem areas in existing policies and procedures and recommend changes that would better suit Department needs.
- Participate on provincial committees and/or task groups in establishing policy, guidelines and setting standards as well as identifying issues and concerns with existing policies, guidelines and standards.
- Create and implement regional working procedures as a reference for the Regional Land Use Officer and District Team Leaders to process land disposition documents. Update when government policies, procedures or directives ace implemented that affect those working procedures.
- Coordinate disposition activities through the Regional Land Use Officer and District Team Leaders and maintain tracking systems.
- Review legal documentation relating to industrial applications, renewals, assignments or cancellation of existing leases.
- Prepare Letters of Authority and other legal documents relating to the issuance of new land dispositions and assignment or cancellation of existing leases.
- Ensures approved survey plans are received for the Regional land disposition files.
- Assist Land Use Officer with developing and maintaining a record of lease reclamation securities and action security withdrawals.
- Monitor expiry dates for existing activities and action renewals as necessary 10 ensure all leases are current.
- Track all agreements including PRA leases, Service Agreements, etc. and inform Ministers Representatives on upcoming expiry dates and other time sensitive issues.
- Establish and maintain a detailed record and filing system of land dispositions for the Region.
- Prepare monthly land disposition billing reports, calculate fees or fee increases and initiate manual billings.
- Assist the Department to collect outstanding lease fees on cottage 101 leases and when appropriate prepare formal notices for outstanding lease fees or municipal property taxes.
- Collaborate with external clients to resolve payment issues on industrial land dispositions.
- Maintain access to CORES, CARS, GLIMPS and ALTA systems in support of land disposition administration for the Region.
- Creates blotters in the CARS system to assist administrative staff in reconciling Alberta Energy types of revenue.
Occupational Health and Safety Contact: This position supports the Parks Division, Northwest Regional OH&S Program and provides administrative assistance to the implementation including intake and administrative Incidents reports, maintain schedules, coordinate meetings, take and transcribe meeting minutes, perform data entry, coordinates regional OH&S training and orientations.
- Provide support to new employee safety and health orientations including coordinating external OH&S courses, tracks and updates the regional OH&S training records/database.
- Received and process incident reports including the input of incident data and assisting in the workflow of the WCB related incident reports as required.
- Assist the Regional OH&S Coordinator in collecting and reporting of quarterly and annual OH&S performance statistics.
- Provide administrative support to the NW Region workplace health and safety committee (WHSC) meetings, lake and transcribe WHSC meeting minutes and post to the departmental intranet site.
- Maintain Regional inspections and preventative maintenance schedules, retrieve inspections report action items and maintain a regional corrective action log.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective processes and assist in the coordination, editing and creation of regional OH&S forms and training materials.
- Maintain the regional filing and archiving of OH&S records including travel and logistics forms.
Fleet Management: Regional contact for vehicle fleet management including ordering, replacing, resolving fleet issues and sitting on provincial fleet management committee.
- ARI contact for Northwest Region.
- Service Alberta contact for receiving and returning units, monthly billing and repair orders.
- Prepare all replacement orders and replacement plans for the region annually. Orders seasonal vehicles as required and approved.
- Track all fleet units on the regional spreadsheet and update as required.
Attractive Asset Management: Responsible for maintaining accurate and completed inventories annually for reporting, auditing and risk management.
- Maintain the attractive asset inventory by tracking, compiling, verifying and updating the AATs system.
- Act as Declaring Officer for disposal/surplus of Capital and Attractive assets for the region. Assist Regional Surplus Agents in appropriate disposal of assets.
- Provide assistance and training with online systems and tracking procedures.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory of Attractive Assets.
Information Technology and Communications: Provide technical services relating to IT within the Region. Ensure compliance with policy, procedures and legislation as it relates to IT Management and Communications Requirements.
- Coordinates and provides technical assistance with the Information Technology Service management website as a Service Request Coordinator generates the tickets and tracks all problems and trouble shoots to determine best resolution to all IT related issues within the Region.
- Commences and terminates Network Accounts as required.
- Provides technical assistance with computer and IT purchases, cancellations, transfers and upgrades of all communications equipment within the Region.
- Acts as Regional contact for all IT purchasing, transferring and surplus.
- Trains on and stays current with all aspects of the ITSM system and SRM tools. Liaises with Department IT staff. Represents the Region on IT issues and attends IT meetings and sits on IT related committees.
- Provides technical support and travels to provincial parks to ensure IT services and equipment are functional for the summer seasons. Liaises with IT contract staff to ensure timelines are met and proper procedures have been followed.
- Stays current and inform Regional staff of new initiatives and ensure staff have the IT resources required to be efficient.
- Coordinates and provides technical assistance with the Wireless Telecommunications data base, generate tickets for all wireless devices for new, replacements, upgrades, account maintenance and cancellations of service.
- Liaise with Department Wireless Communications representatives to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date.
- Communicate with regional staff regularly to ensure needs are being met in accordance with operations timelines.
Program Coordination and Other Activities.
- Providing assistance to Region in common program maintenance including radio call signs, uniforms, various parks statistics gathering, signs, etc.
- Actively participate on provincial committees (ex. Uniform Standards Committee).
- Provide cover off for the Regional Controller as required (ex. Enter monthly budget forecast in EPM tool).
- Supports the Regional Director and Operations Manager for a wide range of special projects throughout the year.
- Supports a variety of diverse programs delivered to the public by the Parks Division including Resource Management, Visitor Services, Enforcement, Parks Operations and Infrastructure.
- This position works independently and liaises with a variety of Department, Government and Public Sector personnel. This includes the Regional Management Team (participating in regional and divisional management decisions), vendors, contractors, business agencies, general public, corporations and Service Alberta.
- Direct involvement in departmental and interdepartmental review of dispositions and referral programs.
- Management of land dispositions and coordination of referrals.
- Creates and implements regional working procedures for all staff in processing land dispositions and update procedures as Government policies, directives and standards are changed or otherwise updated.
- Coordinates, manages the OH&S program for the region and represents the region to the Division, Department and GOA.
- Coordinates vehicle fleet program to meet business plan goals and objectives and represents the region on the Vehicle Fleet Management Committee.
- Manages the IT systems for the Region and supports Regional staff in all aspects of Information Technology and Communications requirements.
- Understands and interprets GOA policies and procedures as they relate to Dispositions and Referrals, OH&S, Fleet Management, Asset Inventory, and IT and Communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Related technical diploma and 2 years related experience, or High School education supplemented by related courses and 5 years directly related experience will be considered as equivalency.
- Related courses and 5 years directly related experience will be considered as equivalency.
- Strong technical skills in computer and software applications, Microsoft Office and good understanding or Government Information Technology systems.
- Must be able to provide technical services for effective IT and Communications solutions.
- In depth understanding of various policies and procedures, best practices, business plans and regional action plans.
- Planning and organization, research and analysis, reading and interpretation, letter and report writing, verbal communication, time management, creative problem solving, decision making, knowledge seeking, stress management and good interpersonal relations and customer relations.
- Ability to work independently and deal with continuing change.
- Strategic thinking, negotiating and consulting.
- Leadership, teamwork, innovation and self-management.
- This position has considerable contact with Regional and Department staff 10 provide technical information, guidance and clarification on the interpretation or policies and procedures, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Guide and provide information to contractors, leaseholders, business agencies, general public, corporations and Government departments during dispositions management processes.
- Liaise with Parks staff, public sector and other government departments.
- Represent the Northwest Region on provincial committees.
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported. For more information on diversity and inclusion, please visit the Diversity and Inclusion Policy.