Information Sessions - Employment Standards
Learn more about changes to Alberta’s Employment Standards Code and Regulation during in-person information sessions.
Alberta’s new Employment Standards Code and Regulation came into effect Jan. 1, 2018.
Employers are invited to attend a free information session to improve their understanding of the new rules. The sessions, held in partnership with the Alberta Chambers of Commerce, are available in communities across the province.
During the two-hour session, employment standards officers will give a 75-minute presentation, followed by a 45-minute discussion period, covering:
- changes to general holiday pay
- overtime banking
- averaging agreements
- job-protected leaves
How to register
Please register to ensure sufficient space is available at each session. Additional sessions will be added as necessary.
Registration details will be added as they're available. All sessions run from 9:30 to 11:30 am unless otherwise indicated.
- Athabasca – Tuesday, April 10 | Registration coming soon
- Calgary – Date to be confirmed
- Canmore – Tuesday, March 20 | Register
- Drumheller – Monday, March 19 | Register
- Fort McMurray – Monday, April 9 | Registration coming soon
- Grande Prairie – Monday, March 19 | Register
- Hinton – Thursday, April 12 from 8:30 to 10:30 am | Registration coming soon
- Lethbridge – Monday, April 9 | Register
- Lloydminster – Thursday, April 12 | Register
- Medicine Hat – Tuesday, March 27 | Register
- Peace River – Tuesday, March 20 | Register
- Red Deer – Friday, March 16 | Register
- Sherwood Park – Thursday, March 22 | Register
- St. Paul – Wednesday, April 11 | Registration coming soon
New and updated materials are available to help employers and employees learn the new rules: