Alberta visitor profiles
Visitor profiles measure the size and status of Alberta’s tourism industry.
Visitor profiles by region
Visitor profiles provide information on visitor origin, purpose of trip, accommodation, length of stay, seasonality and spending in Alberta and tourism regions.
There are two visitor profiles for Alberta. One is a high level summary for all the visitors to Alberta and the other one is a detailed visitor profile for domestic visitors to Alberta.
- Alberta central region (PDF, 127 KB)
- Alberta north region (PDF, 122 KB)
- Alberta south region (PDF, 126 KB)
- Calgary and area region (PDF, 124 KB)
- Canadian Rockies region (PDF, 114 KB)
- Edmonton and area region (PDF, 127 KB)
You can find archived visitor profiles at Open Government.
International visits and spending
See statistics on overnight person-visits and expenditures from specific countries between 2000 and 2015 while in Alberta.
Economic impact of tourism in Alberta by region
Economic impact studies provide a snapshot of an entire existing economy at a specific point in time.
It follows spending associated with tourism activity to identify changes on employment, income and government tax revenue at regional and provincial levels.
- Alberta (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Alberta central region (PDF, 126 KB)
- Alberta north region (PDF, 167 KB)
- Alberta south region (PDF, 136 KB)
- Calgary and area region (PDF, 166 KB)
- Canadian Rockies region (PDF, 853 KB)
- Edmonton and area region (PDF, 806 KB)
You can find archived economic impact studies at Open Government.
Contact Tourism Research unit:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-641-9326 (in Alberta)
Toll free: dial 310-0000 before the number
6th floor Commerce Place