Premier of Alberta
"My home province is a resource-rich exporter that prides itself on free enterprise and is part of the most trade-dependent country in the G7."
Government's 5 Priorities
The third session of the Legislature opened on November 17, 2014, with the Throne Speech delivered by the Lieutenant Governor. The speech outlined government's 5 priorities that will build a strong foundation for Alberta's present and future generations:
1. A focused commitment to sound, conservative fiscal principles.
2. Ending entitlements and restoring the public trust.
3. Maximizing the value of our natural resources and respecting property rights.
4. Establishing Alberta as an environmental leader.
5. Enhancing Albertans' quality of life.
Invitations for the Premier to attend events are accepted online exclusively.
Request a Scroll or Greeting
Mark a significant birthday or anniversary with an official message from the Premier.
- Birthday scrolls: for people celebrating their 75+ birthday, in 5-year intervals.
- Anniversary scrolls: for people celebrating their 25+ anniversary, in 5-year intervals
Salaries and contracts
"One of my first commitments as premier was that government would take concrete action to end entitlements and rebuild public trust. To be fully transparent, I have released salary and contract information for my senior political staff. Information about political and public service employees is updated every December and June."
- Premier Jim Prentice